Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can Veterans Can Get Tested for COVID-19 With VA or Tricare? Info link here.
2. What if a person needs Tricare insurance phone number? Tricare East 1-800-444-5445
3. How do we get a person in touch with a chaplain? We have two Chaplains in the chapter and they are ready to help.
4. Number to express scripts? 1-866-752-7625. Also check here.
5. Where can I find the latest VA updates on coronavirus and commonsense tips on preventing its spread? visit https://www.va.gov/coronavirus
6. What if they just need someone to talk to? If someone needs to talk at a later time we need to take their number and determine a good time for one of our team to call them. Also recommend the chaplains. We may need to schedule an appointment.
7. How do I get my COVID-19 economic impact payment? Link here
8. I don’t have symptoms, but I feel anxious and overwhelmed. What can I do? First, it's important to know you're not alone, and we're here for you. Concerns about COVID-19 can be stressful for many people. You can take steps to manage stress and get support. Stay connected and healthy. Stay in touch with friends and family by phone and social media. Follow your normal routine as much as possible and get enough sleep and exercise. Keep your existing mental health appointments. If you currently have regular sessions, you can change them to telehealth (phone or video) appointments by sending your provider a secure message through My HealtheVet . Ask for a new mental health appointment. If you need same-day mental health care—or want to request a new appointment—call your local VA health facility. Find a VA location
9. What is the CDC and WHO guidance? CDC Guidance:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html and Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
10. Is there VA guidance? VA COVID information and services: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/covid/ and
11. Is there someone in the chapter leadership I can talk to if I have problems with the VA? Yes, we have a person dedicated to help. we need to take their number and determine a good time for one of our team to call them. Also recommend the chaplains. We may need to schedule an appointment.
•Veterans Administration: tel:1-844-698-2311 or 1-888-827-4817
•Our VA Rep is Jeff Condon. WE will work through him to schedule an appointment. Will need name of the Vet
And their contact information, Phone #, email address, and best time to call.
• Potential Sources of Financial Assistance -
•American Red Cross: 1-877-272-7337
•Army Emergency Relief Fund: 1-866-878-6378
•Operation Homefront: 210-659-7756
•American Military Family: 303-746-8195
•VFW Unmet Need Program: 1-866-789-6333
•National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255